"I have gone a year commuting by bike and bus. Am converting my lawn to a veg garden this Spring. Less water and fertilizer, more food. All lights are CFL. But most of all, THIS IS FUN!"
"I will commit to planting three trees each day through the Nature Conservancy's Plant a Billion Trees Program @ http://www.plantabillion.org"
"I am on the plastic diet and have given up non recyclable plastic. I am running a series of waste and recycling workshops but what am I doing? I decided to look at my own bin and come up with some strategies to limit waste going to landfill. I started a blog and asked kids to help with advise. I am now aiming for Zero Waste. Check out www.millenniumkids.com.au"
"I drive a BMW 3 series and this year I have decided to take my actions of protecting our planet and protecting our environment one step further by selling my pride and joy. I am serious about my carbon footprint. This is a very big step for me, but one that has to be done."
"I will use reusable bag instead plastic bag, bring my own tumbler & lunchbox, use public transportation"
What a bunch of superheros!
What will you do? Make your own pledge at www.earthhour.org.
What have I done?
- Started a compost and worm farm
- Reduced by half my non-recyclable waste
- Begun to use glass rather than plastic
- Committed to eating organic
- Weaned myself from nearly all beauty products that harm the environment... just a few last habits to kick :)
- Use an environmentally friendly lamp at night rather than normal lighting
- Boycotted my air-conditioning
- Pledged to not buy any new clothes for a year (replacement of items I need is ok!)
- Planted out my veggie patch and planted a heap of herbs and fruit trees, vines and shrubs
- Reduced to almost zero our packaged food consumption - this has made a huge impact on our budget, belly and the environment!
Fully self sustainable home off the grid, environmentally friendly vehicle (one horse power!) and larger quantity of home grown food!
Dream big, live big, one wave does not shape the beach but a thousand will...
Love J x