Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time for a change.


Irene Suchocki

I swing gently in my hammock. My place. My favourite pastime. And it has been so long! 

I have enjoyed this cozy winter; hot baths that sting the skin and the changes in the trees, but now I wait for spring.

I can feel the shift internally as my body begins to crave more water, citrus fruit and salad and my skin aches to be exposed to the elements.

Goosebumps prickle my arm in the crisp breeze, and smooths again as the sun heats my skin, the smell of the warm air tempts me with promises of days spent in the water and late hot nights outside. Times spent with friends, that will become memories I treasure. The anticipation of a new season, and the adventures to be had, is almost too much.

Irene Suchocki

Dragonflies make love in the sunshine, hovering with graceful expertise! The garden has started to bloom, lavender attracts bees and my secret garden hums. Everything is lush and green from the rain and spring is about to burst; creating chaotic overgrowth once more. I cannot wait.

As I lay I watch the webs that adorn the hammock snap and break free, the long wispy threads twinkle in the sun, they move like hair in water, masses of delicate strands. Truely beautiful.

The sun dips behind a cloud and I instantly feel cool; reminding me. Patience. I await the sun.

Love J x

No comments:

Post a Comment